Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Worldful Wednesday

We were not the Brady Bunch nor the Partridge Family!



Let me introduce my family from about 1970.

From the left is Jill, Jack, David, Shelly and Kelly (I can't tell which one is which in this picture), Steve, Mark, Me, Marrla and Doug.

This picture was taken about 5 years after my mother and step-father married. I used to dream of being an only child and it's no wonder with 9 siblings! Plus I have two half sisters, that at the time of this picture, I didn't even know existed!


My mother had made us matching shirts. Even she and my step father had shirts that matched. I remember this day like it was yesterday. We made quite a stir when we went out in public. Doesn't Marrla look so dang cute in her Levis? And Jack and Jill as little kids? I miss them being little. Steve doesn't look too happy and Mark is , as always, hiding his face. Doug, on the far right, was the neighborhood bully. And my mother married his father. Crazy!


Check out the other Wordful Wednesday entries at gspot.com/">Angies Seven Clown Cirus.



I've been a pretty bad blogging friend this past week. Work is busy with a new software system and home life has been educational.


I can't figure out why no one gave me this apron for Mothers Day!

14 comments:

Ann On and On... said...

Now that is a big family! I'm sure it has it's pro's and con's.....but it looks like fun! What a cool photo!!!

I am hosting a super yummy giveaway, come on over. :)

angie said...

Now that is one good looking, well matched family. What a treasure!

pan x 8 said...

How come I didn't know you came from such a HUGE family! No wonder why you understand me so much! I love it!

I laugh at your educational week with your family, very good way to look at that and next Mother's Day I'm getting you that apron!! ;p

Sweet Annabelle said...

What a great photo - no wonder you dreamed of being an only child!

Tracy P. said...

That picture is amazing! On top of all those matching kids, the background looks like a mural with those mountains! Seriously, the view from your driveway??

Nicole said...

Big families are the best! I wish I had one, but no, I have 1 brother. My mother has 7 brothers and sisters so my extended family is really large and close knit. Its a blessing.

Veggie Mom said...

I was thinking more about the Von Trappe Family Singers. You know, the family from The Sound of Music? I love it when my bloggy friends go retro. Oh, and BTW, check your e-mail...I have a proposal for you!

newlyweds said...

Wow what a large family! And is that 2 sets of twins? Must of never had a dull moment in your home.

Great picture!

nikkicrumpet said...

That must have been a real trip growing up in such a big family. I can't even imagine how anyone ever found any quiet time!

Xazmin said...

That is an awesome picture! I love it!

I also love the apron...so fitting!

Tulsi said...

I think it is pretty funny that the same family had the names Jack and Jill. Did they ever get told the nursery rhyme over and over?

pan x 8 said...

Hey - I do have two blog - one that is private because the kids faces are plastered all over that one and then the I-SAHM because I want to be in the blogging community! I got most of my starts from your blog so thanks!!

Kepler the Kid said...

And to just think that I'm one of the grandsons in that family, then again when was the last time memorized all my cousins names! :D

Mariah said...

I love big families!!