Sunday, November 2, 2008

Good Bye My Friends

Halloween was going to be filled with fun. I had my costume all ready and had just finished putting the last attachment on it when I sent Adiel a text asking if she would be in the office by 8 AM. No sense stopping by if she wasn't going to be there. After her response I decided to stop by about 10:30. But she sent me another text about 8:00 telling me that her life, and the life of all my friends who I left behind, had changed in an instant. Now they are all gone and there is nothing left but an empty shell of a building.

We work in an industry that has been hard hit by this rotten economy. It has taken it's toll on other working friends but now it has hit way too close to home.

Now Adiel, Bob, Steve and all the rest are gone. This has been such an emotional blow. Now instead of being just 12 blocks away, they are spread all over. Some I may never see again. Some I better see at least once a month! (Adiel, did you hear that???)

We had some good times, busy times and trying times as things began to change. But I know in our hearts, we will always be friends.

Each of you deserves only the best and I wish you well.

So, because Adiel and I didn't get to poise in our ultra cool Halloween costumes, here is a picture of us from last year!

Adiel is the young hot Military chick on the left. I am dressed up as Mrs. Rogers, spouse of Mr. Rogers. Which is another work story! Good Memories. (Oh, and I stole this picture from Adiel's blog....shhhhh, don't tell her!)

22 comments:

Tracy P. said...

Oh that is so sad! :-( Hope things turn out ok for everyone.

Marsha said...

Oh my gosh!! I know how much you loved your friends at work. And I know from experience how it is to have an office emptied in a day. I have a very, very sad face for you And your friends.

Liz said...

So awfully sad...it's a rotten world sometimes. Good luck to all of them.

Adiel | Rose Gold Lining said...

Thanks a lot for making me cry. :P

Queenie Jeannie said...

That just plain ole stinks!!!! I'm sorry for all of your sadness.

{{Bloggy Hugs!}}

Jeannie

Sherri said...

The economy is ruining everything!!!

Pancake said...

So hard when things chnage... change stinks

nikkicrumpet said...

Sorry to hear that this crappy economy is hurting your friends and scattering you. Hopefully the new job will work out great and you can still keep in touch. ...Oh and I didn't know Mr. Rogers was married!

Unknown said...

So sorry! That is no fun. They are all blessed to have known you :)

Anonymous said...

There have been more tears in the last year for me and now this. My family has had a long sad weekend! Most of these people have been my work family for as long as I can remember. I will miss that place but will hold on to all the great memories and all the great people that I have had the oppurtunity to work with through out the many years!

Ritch in Love said...

OH! I hate saying goodbye to dear friends. Coworkers become a part of the fabric that we weave and I always miss them when they leave my life!

Ritch in Love said...

By the way I gave you an award...come see

Anonymous said...

Oh that's sad! I'm sorry you have to say goodbye! I love your costumes from last year!

Mc Allen said...

aww, Im sorry. your so right, this is hitting everone so hard. thank goodness ya'll have eachother...;) LA

Aunt Julie said...

The economy is the WORST, isn't it? I read Adiel's post, which made me sad. And I've loved reading about your "work friends"; I feel like I've come to know them thru your posts. They're so lucky to have support from someone like you. Good luck to everyone!

Melissa B. said...

This is sad. We've got to do something in this country to fix situations like this. Good luck to your friends, and God Speed!

Lula! said...

Marry--your costume ROCKED MY WORLD!!! So fabulous. You officially win--best costume I saw this year!

Meaghan said...

Im so sorry to hear the bad news! Life is certainly full of ups and downs and the journey is not an easy one!

I stop by your blog b/c I saw your comment and picture on SITS. You must tell me about the picture and how that happened :)

Mariah said...

This sucks. The economy tearing apart your life like this...

Gretchen said...

Hey Marrdy. Thanks for stopping by my blog for SITS day. I wanted to tell you - if you want that button just go to www.scarymommy.com and you can have it too. If you can't find it, just email her at jill@scarymommy.com

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Oh sad! Im so sorry, that sucks. I hope you get to keep in touch with them, at least blogs work great for that. We should do a famliy girls night soon (this is Amber by the way)and I hope you guys are doing good out there. See you guys at Thanksgiving!

Melissa B. said...

BTW, please don't forget Sx3 today...we have a VERY timely snap for ya!